Call Us Now 07 3889 9120
Email Us firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Clinic 27 South Pine Road,
What are the Potential Risks and Benefits of Vasectomy?
Vasectomy in general is a safe and simple procedure. There are even fewer complications associated with no scalpel open ended vasectomy technique. Most post operative complications of vasectomy can be treated with mild pain killers and local applications of ice.
More significant complications of vasectomy can include:
- Infection or swelling around the incision or inside your scrotum. In very rare circumstances infection and inflammation may lead to early absorption of the deep suture and re canalisation of the vas (auto -reversal of the vasectomy procedure)
- Bleeding may cause swelling or bruising. This is rare if appropriate after care instructions are followed.
- Sperm granulomas, which are small lumps that form when sperms leak from the vas into the surrounding tissue. The majority of sperm granulomas are asymptomatic and generally do not require treatment.
- Prolonged pain. This is very rare. Most men would experience either no pain or minimal discomfort for 1-2 days. The open ended technique reduced the risk of post vasectomy pain syndrome. Post vasectomy pain syndrome is thought to be related to epididymal congestion secondary to tubal obstruction.
How effective is vasectomy?
The no scalpel open ended vasectomy is as effective as the conventional vasectomy method if not better.
There is less than 1% chance ( failure rate of 1 in 2000 men) that a man's partner will become pregnant.
Advantages of Dr. Wong's No Scalpel Opend Ended Vasectomy:
- Less than 1% Pregnancy Rate
- No incision with a scalpel
- Faster procedure
- Faster recovery
- Less chance of bleeding
- Less discomfort
- Just as effective
- One tiny opening (keyhole)
Why Choose Dr. Wong?
Experienced Doctor who have performed thousands of vasectomies and hundreds of circumcisions as well as many other skin procedures since 2001. Doctor who lives locally and contactable after hours for advice
- Choice of Anaesthestics
- Sedation available if desired