Call Us Now 07 3889 9120
Email Us firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Clinic 27 South Pine Road,
What you need to know before & after your Circumcision....
Prepare for the Surgery
- Take oral prophylactic antibiotics 2 hours prior to procedure (adult circumcision only). You will given prophylactic antibiotics at the time of booking for the procedure.
- Prophylactic antibiotics are not required prior to baby/newborn circumcisions using disposable plastic devices
- Thoroughly clean the foreskin using antiseptic solution
- Apply topical anaesthestics cream provided at time of booking
- Leave the anaesthestics cream for a minimal of 30 minutes
- Local anaesthestics or anaesthestics block will be given by Dr Wong before the procedure
After the Surgery
- A light dressing is applied to the glans penis after the procedure.
It is normal have some swelling after circumcision procedure.
- Gentle cleansing in the shower can be performed after 24 hours
- For infants and newborns, no specific dressing is required after Plastibell circumcision (or Circumplast circumcision), the plastic device will eventually fall off after an average of 7-8 days
- You will be given follow up appointment at 1 week. In general full recovery after circumcision may take a few weeks. But most patients are able to go back to work after a few days (light duties).