Information on Adult Circumcision & Procedure
Dr. Wong has improved the circumcision procedure for adults and teens so that it can be performed under local anaesthestics with minimal discomfort.
• Constricted and painful foreskin, unable to be retracted back
• Recurrent balanoposthisis (inflammation of the foreskin over the glans penis)
• Paraphimosis or painful foreskin that gets stuck in retracted position
• Cultural or religious reasons
• Hygiene reasons
For teenager circumcision, the parent/s must be present to hear the information, discuss their concerns and give informed consent.
Circumcision does not affect fertility, nor will circumcision enhance or detract from sexual pleasure for men or their partners.
• Congenital abnormalities of the penis
• Buried penis
• Bleeding disorders
Any other conditions affecting healing process
How to apply anaesthestic numbing cream before circumcision
Before & After
The surgical fee for teen and adult circumcision under local anaesthestics is $770 to $990, depending on whether it is a partial or full circumcision ($100 booking fee, balance payable on day of procedure). You must have a consultation with Dr Wong prior to booking surgery.
We will provide complimentary topical anaesthestic cream to apply to the foreskin 1-2 hours prior to surgery.
Generally it takes over 90 minutes to perform (Medicare rebate is approximately $60). Fee as at 11/8/2017.